Ideal for ordinary and advanced level biology studies.
The Zenith Ultra-400LAX is a purpose-built teaching instrument finished to a very high standard, combining excellent optical performance and a very reliable, modern, user-friendly design with a mechanical construction designed to withstand the rigours or everyday heavy classroom use.
All models feature high quality DIN standard optics, anti-tamper safety features included locked on eyepiece and stage clips, slip clutch on the coarse focus movement to prevent over-focusing and an adjustable focus stop to prevent damage to glass microslides and objective lenses.
- ABBE condenser (N.A. 1.25) in spiral focusing mount with Iris diaphragm
- 'Built-in' 230volt 20watt illumination (colour corrected with daylight blue filter)
- Separate smooth action coarse and fine focusing controls
- Quadruple nosepiece turret
- Monocular head inclined 45° and rotatable through 360° for convenient viewing and a permanently horizontal stage
- Rack and pinion focusing
- Solid brass rack and coarse focus dovetail slide
- Stage measures 120 x 114mm
- Supplied in polystyrene pack with dust cover